A Vigilant Personal Alarm is a keychain device powered by three alkaline batteries. Once you press the button, the keychain will make a loud 130-dB sound attracting everyone’s attention. This will help you prevent a robbery, request assistance etc.
Vigilant Personal Alarm’s design is minimalistic. It can serve as a keychain, be attached to a wallet or a purse.
- A whistle allows attracting attention even at low charge.
- Hidden deactivation won’t let perpetrators turn the device off and will make them flee.
- Alkaline batteries hold charge for a long period of about 365 days.
- The loudness of the Vigilant Personal Alarm is comparable to an electric drill and is surely heard everywhere.
- Aggressive design;
- High risk of accidental activation
A Vigilant Personal Alarm will come handy if you require assistance. Activate the alarm under attack, if you feel unwell or in a life-threatening situation. The loud signal will scare off criminals as they are unlikely to want to attract attention. Blow the whistle at the bottom in case of low charge.
A Vigilant Personal Alarm works even when unpacked. Three batteries are supplied so that you can immediately use the device at purchase. Hold the speaker with your hand when testing the alarm, as the sound is much louder than a car horn. The Vigilant Personal Alarm is quite small, so the keychain can literally be worn anywhere. This device is definitely good value for money even though it has a number of drawbacks.
Most users observe the loudness of its signal and are generally satisfied with the device. One of them, John, comments: “I’m going to say that this thing is very loud. I’m very happy with the purchase, and the only issue is that it can be accidentally activated. Once, I pressed the button unintentionally and woke up the entire dorm.”